AVANCE’s Parent Summit is around the corner and this year’s theme is Walking in a Winter Wonderland of Learning.
The event will begin promptly at 8:30 am at our Dacoma location; with free lunch being provided by Chick-Fil-A for all that attend.
Parents will choose from the breakout sessions including:
- Conscious Discipline: Parents will learn how to respond to their child’s behavior using Conscious Discipline techniques at home through an array of scenarios.
- Make and Take: Parents will learn how to make educational toys out of recyclable materials in order to enhance their child’s cognitive, emotional, social and language skills.
- Early Literacy: The Children’s Learning Institute (CLI) will provide different techniques and strategies to help their child build a strong foundation in early literacy.
- Health and Mental Wellness– Rhonda Richardson from Richardson Educator Consulting Services, will provide strategies for positive early Social Emotional Development.
Door prizes will be available at each session. Prizes include tablets and educational baskets.
Parents who are interested in attending this event must registers at their Early Head Start or Head Start center.
- What: Walking into Winter Wonderland of Learning Parent Summit
- When: December 16th, 2017
- Time: 8:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- Where: 4281 Dacoma St. Houston, TX 77092