BECOME A CORPORATE
AVANCE depends on parent, community, and corporate volunteers for assistance in many areas. We can use a helping hand, whether at an early childhood development center or at an adult education center (weekdays, during hours of operation).
Our volunteer projects are designed to be enjoyable, fulfilling, and to give you a sense of ownership in the Houston Community.
- Corporate/Community Volunteers-Help complete projects at our centers (*see options below)
- Financial Literacy- Provide 1-hour workshops on various topics related to finances (savings, bank accounts, first-time home buying and more)
- C-PALS Mentor- Become a C-PALS (Corporate Partners for Adult Literacy Success) mentor by helping one students earn a GED and transition to higher education.
- Empowerment Circle- Be our advocate! Join this group of professional women with diverse backgrounds and help spread the AVANCE message and find resources for our families.
*Here are some volunteering options, and we welcome your ideas as well:
- Read to the children in English or Spanish
- Help make classrooms back to school ready (i.e.: disinfect toys and furniture, label supplies, and decorate bulletin boards) (during summer or winter breaks)
- Assist on days with special activities. (Help set up, run booths, and clean up at our Fall Festival. On days we have an in-house petting zoo or magic show, the children may require additional adult supervision.) Large groups of volunteers are welcome!)
- Prepare Toy Making Kits (cut out felt patterns, braid yarn, count buttons)-For the Parent-Child Education Program (PCEP)
- Beautify a center (i.e.: plant a community garden, paint, or repair cabinets) Download flyer
- Share your knowledge and experience. Be a guest speaker at one of our classes or events. Topics can range from "How to handle a bully" to "Financial Literacy" and anything in between.
- Adopt-A-Project (we can help specify an activity that you/your corporation can make your own)
- Serve and/or donate food, so our participants can enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal
- Be a Holiday Helper and aid in the delivery of donated toys to our children
- Projects requiring special skills (i.e.: build a concrete tricycle track around the children's playground or paint a mural)
Click here for the Corporate Volunteer Brochure
For Information please contact Tess Ridgway, Special Events and Marketing Assistant I Corporate Volunteer Program Coordinator at TRidgway@AvanceHouston.org x158
Follow us on social media!