For more information, contact Janet Deleon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (713) 812-0033 x104.
AVANCE depends on parent, community, and corporate volunteers for assistance in many areas. We can use a helping hand any day of the week, whether at an early childhood development center or at an adult education center.
Our volunteer projects are designed to be enjoyable, fulfilling, and to give you a sense of ownership in the Houston Community. At AVANCE, we offer individual or group, on- or off-site, and one-time or ongoing opportunities.
Our flexible staff will work with you to design a volunteer experience that will have a major impact on those you serve while also making sure we stay aligned with your philanthropic mission.
Should you already have a specific activity in mind, we would love to hear it. If not, here are some volunteer opportunities to select from:
- Join our C-PALS program - be a role model, tutor or mentor to a GED student
- Parents can assist in daily classroom activities This is totally encouraged!
- Read to the children in English or Spanish
- Help make classrooms back to school ready (i.e.: disinfect toys and furniture, label supplies, and decorate bulletin boards)
- Assist on days with special activities. (Help set up, run booths, and clean up at our Fall Festival. On days we have an in-house petting zoo or magic show, the children may require additional adult supervision.)
- Prepare Toy Making Kits (cut out felt patterns, braid yarn, count buttons)
- Beautify a center (i.e.: plant a community garden, paint, or repair cabinets)
- Share your knowledge and experience! Be a guest speaker at one of our classes or events. Topics can range from how to handle a bully to financial literacy.
- Adopt-A-Project (we can help specify an activity that you/your corporation can make your own)
- Serve and/or donate food, so our participants can enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal
- Be Holiday Helper and aid in the delivery of donated toys to our children
- Projects requiring special skills (i.e.: build a concrete tricycle track around the children's playground or paint a mural)
Become a Mentor!
For more information, contact Carolina Delgado at email@example.com or (713) 812-0033 x202.
Click here for the Corporate Volunteer Brochure
2012 - Reflections and Rising Stars