AVANCE’s Annual Parent Summit is just around the corner and this year’s theme is “We Love.” This workshop event purposes to inform, motivate, and inspire parents by focusing on loving the whole family through the education of children and families.
Early Head Start and Hed Start parents will have the opportunity to learn information that will reinforce their involvement in the development of their child.
Topics will include:
- We Love our Kids: Parents will learn positive disciplining tips that support the social-emotional development of a child.
- We love our Bodies: During this training, YMCA of Greater Houston will provide information to parents on ways to stay physically active with the family while supporting physical development of their child.
- We Love to Read: Parents will learn strategies for literacy and language development. Additionally, parents will be introduced to resources available to them via the Houston Public Libraries Learning Link
- We Love our Health: Parents will learn helpful strategies for making healthy choices when eating and preparing meals and snacks.
*Childcare reimbursement will be provided and transportation will be available only for Spring and Pasadena centers.
Parents who are interested in attending this event must register at their Early Head Start or Head Start center.
- What: Parent Summit 2017
- When: February 18, 2017
- Time: 8:30-1:30 p.m.
- Where: 4281 Dacoma St. Houston, TX 77092