6719 W. Montgomery.
Houston, TX. 77091
7:15 AM - 5:45 PM
Family Development Workers
Procedures to Release Children
(Revised) January 2013
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
October 17, 2011
Letter from the Center Administrator
Dear parents and visitors
On behalf of the staff and me, Sandra Cooper, the Center Administrator of Acres Homes Head Start, welcome. It is with the greatest pleasure that I welcome you as a visitor, or as a new or returning parent. Nothing pleases us more than to help our families get acquainted to the center.
AVANCE Head Start at Acres Homes is working daily to build stronger children, parents, families and the community by preparing an inviting environment that addresses the five (5) powerful “P’s” that constitute any school: People, Places, Policies, Programs and Processes. Examples of the five (5) “P’s” in action are the people at the center/school who always call others by their names, places that are clean and aesthetically pleasing, policies that open centers/schools early to get children away from the elements, programs that includes all children and families and processes which parents work with staff jointly to develop activities and share in program policy-making.
My personal goal for Acres Homes Head Start is to bring professionalism, patience, and hands-on experiences to all my children and their families’. Things my teachers and I do at Acres Homes Head Start to promote a center of excellence are:
- Implement an Early Childhood curriculum that invites parent participation
- Activities that focus on Language building, Math, Science
- Curriculum that promotes Social and Emotional competence
- Hands-on activities in the classroom that promotes self-help skills
- Family activities and Lending library
- Monthly In-house field trips
- Collaborations (e.g., Foster Grandparents, Young Learners, ISD’s)
- Encourages and welcome parent/community involvement
Sandra Cooper, M.Ed
Center Administrator Acres Homes